Expiration (cookie?)

Walter Levine

I have a .net website that seems to timeout after only about 30 minutes.
In the web.config, I have the line:

<authentication mode="Forms">
<forms name="AuthCookie" path="/" loginUrl="CGPLogin.aspx"
protection="All" timeout="480">
</forms>
</authentication>
I thought that the timeout of 480 is in minutes, and that should give me 8
hours.
What am I doing wrong, How do I get 8 hours, or unlimited time
Thanks for any help
Walter

jensen bredal

I thought that the timeout of 480 is in minutes, and that should give me 8
hours.
What am I doing wrong, How do I get 8 hours, or unlimited time
Thanks for any help
Walter

you may want to have a look in the <sessionState section of the web.config
file.

you have set the cookie lifetime to 480. You have to set seeion timeout to
480.

HTH
JB