Exponential an Poissionan distributions

G. D'Ascola

Hi all.
I need functions which can return random values by using exponential or
poissonian distributions. I can't find them in the standard library
(Java2 sdk 1.4.2.02). Can you help me? Thanks.

P.S. Sorry for my poor english.

Oliver Wong

G. D'Ascola said:
Hi all.
I need functions which can return random values by using exponential or
poissonian distributions. I can't find them in the standard library (Java2
sdk 1.4.2.02). Can you help me? Thanks.

P.S. Sorry for my poor english.

They're not in the standard library, but it's relatively easy to use
google to search for implementations of these random number generators. For
example, when I google for "java poisson distribution", I get
http://www.math.csusb.edu/faculty/stanton/probstat/poisson.html

- Oliver