    poissonian distributions. I can't find them in the standard library
    (Java2 sdk 1.4.2.02). Can you help me? Thanks.

    P.S. Sorry for my poor english.

    G. D'Ascola, Feb 7, 2007

  2. G. D'Ascola

    Oliver Wong Guest

    "G. D'Ascola" <> wrote in message
    news:eqdbn8$b6c$...
    > Hi all.
    > I need functions which can return random values by using exponential or
    > poissonian distributions. I can't find them in the standard library (Java2
    > sdk 1.4.2.02). Can you help me? Thanks.
    >
    > P.S. Sorry for my poor english.

    They're not in the standard library, but it's relatively easy to use
    google to search for implementations of these random number generators. For
    example, when I google for "java poisson distribution", I get
    http://www.math.csusb.edu/faculty/stanton/probstat/poisson.html

    - Oliver

    Oliver Wong, Feb 7, 2007

  3. G. D'Ascola

    G. D'Ascola Guest

    Oliver Wong wrote:
    > "G. D'Ascola" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi all.
    >> I need functions which can return random values by using exponential or
    >> poissonian distributions. I can't find them in the standard library (Java2
    >> sdk 1.4.2.02). Can you help me? Thanks.
    >>
    >> P.S. Sorry for my poor english.

    > They're not in the standard library, but it's relatively easy to use
    > google to search for implementations of these random number generators. For
    > example, when I google for "java poisson distribution", I get
    > http://www.math.csusb.edu/faculty/stanton/probstat/poisson.html
    >
    > - Oliver

    I found this:
    http://www.ee.ucl.ac.uk/~mflanaga/java/