    to Microsoft Word using C#.

    Thank you in advance for all help
    Amu
    Ami, Feb 3, 2008

  2. Ami wrote:
    > Hi All
    > Could anyone suggest some ideas or links to convert the ASP.NET page
    > with images of the page
    > to Microsoft Word using C#.
    >
    > Thank you in advance for all help
    > Amu

    recommended practice) , but this is a classic asp newsgroup. ASP.Net bears
    very little resemblance to classic ASP so, while you may be lucky enough to
    find a dotnet-knowledgeable person here who can answer your question, you
    can eliminate the luck factor by posting your question to a group where
    those dotnet-knowledgeable people hang out. I suggest

    You may benefit from one of the tools sold by ASPOSE

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Feb 3, 2008

  3. "... there is no way for you to know it..."

    I am relatively new to the MSDN Managed groups.

    I find it curious that there is little or no guidance as to the intent of
    each particular group, and had no inkling that this particular one was
    focused on classic ASP.

    My eyeballs saw "microsoft.public.inetserver.general", my mistake, for sure,
    but easy to make.

    Is there a directory anywhere that provides summaries for each group?

    Or an "About" function somewhere not obvious to me?

    I have had similar problems in the SQL Server Programming groups, where
    there is an equally-vast gap between T-SQL and SQL CLR, like that of ASP/ASPX.

    Sure one can read the posts and get a general idea, but pardon the pun,
    there is obviously "information" on the intent of each group that is not
    being "served".

    theartiststillknownasgarvin, Feb 4, 2008
  4. theartiststillknownasgarvin wrote:
    > "... there is no way for you to know it..."
    >
    > I am relatively new to the MSDN Managed groups.
    >
    > I find it curious that there is little or no guidance as to the
    > intent of each particular group, and had no inkling that this
    > particular one was focused on classic ASP.

    I've complained about this several times but no action was taken.
    Outside of browsing through existing messages, there was no way for you
    to have known, especially if you were not aware of the distinction
    between "classic" ASP and ASP.Net.

    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Feb 4, 2008
  5. Good to know I'm not just lost.

    On your next complaint, you might also mention that the breadcrumbs for the
    site are also wacky.

    When inside any managed group, I see in IE7 on Vista Biz:

    "MSDN Home (link) > MSDN Managed Newsgroups (no link)"

    I would expect there to be a link back to the main Managed Newsgroups page,
    and there is not, you can't get there from here.

    And I think the convention is to use the final, non-link crumb to identify
    where you actually are, in this case "inetserver.asp.general", which appears
    below, but not where the ASP.NET (3.5) convention says it should be.

    The lack of a link back bugs me. If you agree, then I will go ahead and file
    my own complaint or "upgrade suggestion".

    theartiststillknownasgarvin, Feb 4, 2008
  6. theartiststillknownasgarvin wrote:
    > Good to know I'm not just lost.
    >
    > On your next complaint, you might also mention that the breadcrumbs
    > for the site are also wacky.
    >
    > When inside any managed group, I see in IE7 on Vista Biz:
    >
    > "MSDN Home (link) > MSDN Managed Newsgroups (no link)"
    >
    > I would expect there to be a link back to the main Managed Newsgroups
    > page, and there is not, you can't get there from here.
    >
    > And I think the convention is to use the final, non-link crumb to
    > identify where you actually are, in this case
    > "inetserver.asp.general", which appears below, but not where the
    > ASP.NET (3.5) convention says it should be.
    >
    > The lack of a link back bugs me. If you agree, then I will go ahead
    > and file my own complaint or "upgrade suggestion".

    I agree, but, don't let me be the arbiter of your decision to file a
    complaint. :)
    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Feb 4, 2008