Exporting objects from a service for consumers

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Al Santino, Feb 1, 2007.

  1. Al Santino

    Al Santino Guest

    Hello,

    I'm writing a service using VS2005 and C#. I've found that only the objects
    used as parameters in WebMethods get exported to proxy dlls and the Service
    Description. My service clients can use the objects I've defined in messages
    to the service and send them as "object" parameters or as embeded items in
    other objects.

    I can workaround the problem by declaring all of the objects in a dummy
    class and then putting a dummy WebMethod on the class that takes a reference
    to the dummy class. If I do this I get the xml Service Description and proxy
    dll generated by WSDL.EXE emit the correct information. It occurs to me,
    though, that there must be some type of directive or something that lets you
    tell the proxy and Service Description generator that you want certain items
    included in their output.

    Can anyone tell me the correct way to do this?

    Thanks
    Al
    Al Santino, Feb 1, 2007