extended ascii delimiters when when writing to outputstream

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by brrrdog, Jul 9, 2003.

  1. brrrdog

    brrrdog Guest

    Whenever I write to Response.Outputstream after doing a
    plain response.write, I get a delimiter between the two
    writes that is made up of three extended ascii chars
    (decimal equivalents 239, 187, 191). This doesn't seem to
    upset the browser but i'm wondering what this sequence is
    for? Is there a way to turn it off?

    Example: Excuting the following code...
    XslTransform xslt = new XslTransform();
    xslt.Load(Server.MapPath("XSLTFile1.xslt"));

    XmlDataDocument xml = new XmlDataDocument();
    xml.Load(Server.MapPath("XMLFile1.xml"));
    Response.Write("Before Outputstream");
    xslt.Transform(xml.CreateNavigator
    (),null,Response.OutputStream);
    Response.Write("After outputstream");
    }

    //yields...
    Before OutputstreamxslResultsAfter outputstream
    //the same thing with the decimal values substituted
    for //the extra chars...
    <239><187><191>Before
    Outputstream<239><187><191>xslResultsAfter outputstream
    brrrdog, Jul 9, 2003