extending a background image to the bottom of the page using css

Discussion in 'HTML' started by windandwaves, Oct 19, 2006.

  1. windandwaves

    windandwaves Guest

    Hi Gurus

    Consider the following page:

    background-image: url(right.jpg); height: auto;">a bit of content
    here</div>

    height:auto;">a bit of content here</div>

    184px;"> lots of content here</div>

    I want to extend the background image in the right column to the bottom
    of the middle column. Is there an easy way to do this?
    a. I could put the contentcolumn within the rightcolumn
    b. I could put the background image in the main id and give it a
    positioning and a repeat.

    Are there any other solutions?

    TIA

    Nicolaas