externalization - static vs. instance in design

mfaine

Eclipse (wtp) will externalize strings for you automatically and in
doing so it creates a Class with some static methods. I have noticed
that my package library has become quite littered with these
"Messages" classes and was wondering if it would be a better design to
refactor these into a single class with no static methods but with a
constructor that took the resource bundle name as an argument?

-Mark

mfaine

Eclipse (wtp) will externalize strings for you automatically and in
doing so it creates a Class with some static methods. I have noticed
that my package library has become quite littered with these
"Messages" classes and was wondering if it would be a better design to
refactor these into a single class with no static methods but with a
constructor that took the resource bundle name as an argument?

-Mark

hmmm, I don't know Mark? Maybe a bump will help.