Extra space on menu item not selectable

Doctor Memory

I am using a horizontal menu generated off the site map via SiteMapDataSource.
The problem, well annoyance I am having is that if a DynamicMenuItem is
shorter than the rest others there is a space after it. If you click on the
space the fly-out part of the menu disappears which is usually a visual cue
to a user that their choice was accepted. However nothing happens because
they clicked on empty space. Is there some way to make this empty space that
is dynamically generated by the menu actually part of the link?
I saw another post that seemed similar talking about using a background
image in the CSS in order to get it to work. I tried it but to no avail. Any
help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Doctor Memory

Found the answer. I put:
display:block;

in the css section that DynamicMenuItemStyle links to.

This enabled the dynamic portion of the menu to consider each entry
selectable not just the text...
Considering how common this must be I am surprised it took me this long to
find an article on ASP.net that referred to this!