extracting a string

Joined
Sep 12, 2007
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I'm fairly new to java and I was wondering if anyone could help me out with this. I need to write a program that asks the user to input one line of HTML code containing one anchor tag. Then, using and combining the String methods, output the URL and the displayed text of the link.

For example, if the user inputs:

Follow this <a href="http://www.google.com">web link</a> to get to Google.

Then the program should output:

displayed text: web link

simple I know but I'm having a hard time deciding on which methods to use.
anyone have any tips on how I should go about doing this? Thanks