Extracting text from a Word document via StreamReader - track chan

Guest

Hi,

I'm having a problem with extracting text from a Word document using
StreamReader. As I'm developing a web application, I do NOT want the server
to make calls to Word. I want to simply open the Word document via
StreamReader and extract the text.

Here's the problem, the users insist on leaving the "Track Changes" features
on. Because of this, the raw text portion of the file contains the change
history. I don't want the change history, I just want the "final" version.
So far, I haven't figured out how the change history and final changes are
distinguished in a Word document. How can I programmatically read just the
final version of the text - without the change history?

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

Ken Cox - Microsoft MVP

I suspect that you're going to have to execute a function to accept changes
before doing the extraction. Of course that requires the server to
manipulate Word objects.

How are you extracting the text?

Guest

Thanks Ken, but I've decided to go ahead and create a web form instead of
having the application accept uploaded Word documents.

Kevin