Extremely simple XML

loquak

Hello there.

Instead of writing a custom format, I've thought about implementing the data
in XML. There's nothing fancy in the database, all I need is <data> </data>
tags between which I'll put all the elements.

Like this:

<item>
<weight> 60kg </weight>
<volume> 50l </volume>
....etc
</item>

No headers, attributes etc. are needed. I've got a few days time to
implement this, so the question is, does Java come with classes for simple
xml parsing without having to trouble with all the "fancy" stuff involved?
If not, I'll implement my own data format :) If yes, where should I start
from?

Thanks!

(Borland JBuilder 9.0)

Christophe Vanfleteren

loquak said:
Hello there.

Instead of writing a custom format, I've thought about implementing the
data in XML. There's nothing fancy in the database, all I need is <data>
</data> tags between which I'll put all the elements.

Like this:

<item>
<weight> 60kg </weight>
<volume> 50l </volume>
...etc
</item>

No headers, attributes etc. are needed. I've got a few days time to
implement this, so the question is, does Java come with classes for simple
xml parsing without having to trouble with all the "fancy" stuff involved?
If not, I'll implement my own data format :) If yes, where should I start
from?

Thanks!

(Borland JBuilder 9.0)

http://java.sun.com/xml/tutorial_intro.html

Yi Chen

loquak said:
Hello there.

Instead of writing a custom format, I've thought about implementing the data
in XML. There's nothing fancy in the database, all I need is <data>
tags between which I'll put all the elements.

Like this:

<item>
<weight> 60kg </weight>
<volume> 50l </volume>
...etc
</item>

No headers, attributes etc. are needed. I've got a few days time to
implement this, so the question is, does Java come with classes for simple
xml parsing without having to trouble with all the "fancy" stuff involved?
If not, I'll implement my own data format :) If yes, where should I start
from?

Thanks!

(Borland JBuilder 9.0)

Check out JDOM. It was designed for Java progrogramming
language. I think it is easier to use then
SAX and DOM.

-Y.C.
http://www.OneImageHost.com

christopher diggins

loquak said:
Hello there.

Instead of writing a custom format, I've thought about implementing the data
in XML. There's nothing fancy in the database, all I need is <data>
tags between which I'll put all the elements.

Like this:

<item>
<weight> 60kg </weight>
<volume> 50l </volume>
...etc
</item>

No headers, attributes etc. are needed. I've got a few days time to
implement this, so the question is, does Java come with classes for simple
xml parsing without having to trouble with all the "fancy" stuff involved?
If not, I'll implement my own data format :) If yes, where should I start
from?

Thanks!

(Borland JBuilder 9.0)

Have you looked at http://www.adtxml.com/ for your XML format? It would