fabric question

Discussion in 'Python' started by Jabba Laci, Nov 9, 2012.

  1. Jabba Laci

    Jabba Laci Guest

    Hi,

    I'm trying to use fabric to run a command on another Linux machine.
    When I call "fab remote_info" (using the example from its
    documentation), this is what I get:

    local$ fab remote_info
    [remote] Executing task 'remote_info'
    [remote] run: uname -a
    [remote] out: remote@path$

    That is, it logs in successfully, but I get no output and I get a
    prompt on the remote machine, i.e. it doesn't log out automatically
    after calling the remote command. I also tried to specify the absolute
    path of uname, same result. Any idea?

    Thanks,

    Laszlo

    Jabba Laci, Nov 9, 2012

  2. Jabba Laci

    Miki Tebeka Guest

    > local$ fab remote_info
    > [remote] Executing task 'remote_info'
    > [remote] run: uname -a
    > [remote] out: remote@path$

    What happens when you ssh to the machine and run 'uname -a'?
    (The out: ... is the output)

    Miki Tebeka, Nov 9, 2012

  3. Jabba Laci

    Miki Tebeka Guest