    documentation if there is to read ?

    Thanx
    Deb
    debraj, Aug 27, 2003

  2. debraj

    Tintin Guest

    http://faqomatic.sourceforge.net/
    Tintin, Aug 27, 2003

  3. * debraj <>:
    > I want to create a simple FAQ (most simple )for my homepage . Its to
    > be run on Unix and fully perl/Cgi. Now I have done perl a bit and also
    > cgi but dont think that a functional faq can be built by me. Can
    > anybody give me any pointers about how to start where to start and any
    > documentation if there is to read ?

    Perhaps try using a wiki, such as http://www.kwiki.org/

    cheers,
    --
    Iain.
    Iain Truskett, Aug 28, 2003
  4. debraj

    Mina Naguib Guest

    Mina Naguib, Aug 28, 2003
  5. (debraj) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Hi All
    >
    > I want to create a simple FAQ (most simple )for my homepage . Its to
    > be run on Unix and fully perl/Cgi. Now I have done perl a bit and also
    > cgi but dont think that a functional faq can be built by me. Can
    > anybody give me any pointers about how to start where to start and any
    > documentation if there is to read ?

    Yes, yes you can write your own FAQ system.
    Yes, yes I will give you some documentation to read :)

    You can start with reading the various documents on CSV and/or DBM
    and/or DBI and/or XML. This should give you plenty to start the brain
    juices flowing. A simple search at CPAN can aid you in this journey.

    <non-Perl>
    You could also do the 'old-fashion' thing to help get you started -
    write down your requirements. Then, you can start flow charting,
    writing pesudo-code .... eventually, you'll be writing some real code.
    Requirements are the key to this whole thing.

    However, if you wanted a pre-made version, I suggest you visit:
    http://freshmeat.net

    It's an open source site with lots of good, not so good, and excellent
    applications to use - some of which are written in Perl. I'd still
    write down what you're looking for - as any good shopper should do ;)
    </non-Perl>

    HTH

    Jim
    James Willmore, Aug 29, 2003
  6. debraj

    debraj Guest

    Hi All
    Thanx for all those follow ups . Now I have a tidy FAQ ( FAQ-O-Matic)
    downloaded from sourceforge site . I also tried one from freshmeat.com
    called (FAQ Plain) but that didnt have all the features which I was
    looking for .

    Thanx again,
    Debhatta
    debraj, Sep 4, 2003