feedback on some work

windandwaves

Hi Folk

Can you have a look at www.lakebrunner.co.nz/_n/ and tell me what you think?

It is my latest creation. I am not responsible for the design so dont worry
about that (font-sizes, colours, etc... unless you think it is terrible). I
am responsible for the technical side of things, the navigation, etc...

I am really trying to make it top class. If anyone is interested in how I
structured the PHP then let me know.

I basically have the following setup:
/
actual php files
config/
snippeter.php = creates actual html
configer.php = passwords, etc
functions/
sqler.php = all sql functions

All the data is stored in a MySql database so that content can be changed
online...

The actual files just look like this:

<?php

//setup
require_once("_startuper.php");

//get filename
$f = str_replace(".php", "", basename(__FILE__));

//create page
go($f);

?>

You can't get much shorter than that!

I love this setup, because it keeps it really simple.

Anyway, I am not trying to show off, I just want to become a proficient PHP
man! (one year after I first started).

TIA

Ian Collins

windandwaves said:
Sorry, it is back now. Server was down!
Looks like you have some improperly encoded CDATA 'Arthur&amp;amp;#039;s
Pass'

I'm sure it only took half an hour last time I drove there...

R. Rajesh Jeba Anbiah

windandwaves said:
Hi Folk

Can you have a look at www.lakebrunner.co.nz/_n/ and tell me what you think?

It looks like that there is no use for session, so it's better to
turn it off.

The actual files just look like this:

<?php

//setup
require_once("_startuper.php");

//get filename
$f = str_replace(".php", "", basename(__FILE__));

//create page
go($f);

?>

You can't get much shorter than that!

Front controller <http://www.onlamp.com/lpt/a/4987>?? The design
architecture is one's pure choice. Front controller designs are good
choices for CMS like Joomla (Mambo), IMHO; but may not be for other
sites. We had similar discussions lot of time here. Here is Chung's
points on the front controller
<http://groups.google.com/groups?q=php+single+entry+chung+leong> and I
agree with him.