    too long.

    Thx

    Ian

    Ian Rutgers, Sep 25, 2006

  2. Ian Rutgers

    dorayme Guest

    In article <SNFRg.23924$R63.2283@pd7urf1no>,
    "Ian Rutgers" <> wrote:

    > Please take a look at http://www.taoofpeace.com/test/index.php There are
    > two issues (at this moment) I could use help on:
    >
    > 1. The background color should stretch down as far as the content box on the
    > right ... yes it does I.E., but not in Firexfox.
    > 2. What is preventing the right border (in the left nav) from occupying the
    > full space (note the small space between the border and the background.
    >
    > I'm sure both of these are obvious, but I've been staring at the code for
    > too long.
    >
    > Thx
    >
    > Ian

    There is trouble in Safari with the bottom left of the content
    box having a rectangular bite out of it. But before going on,
    please correct all the CSS errors.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Sep 25, 2006

  3. Ian Rutgers wrote:
    > Please take a look at http://www.taoofpeace.com/test/index.php There are
    > two issues (at this moment) I could use help on:
    >
    > 1. The background color should stretch down as far as the content box on the
    > right ... yes it does I.E., but not in Firexfox.
    > 2. What is preventing the right border (in the left nav) from occupying the
    > full space (note the small space between the border and the background.
    >
    > I'm sure both of these are obvious, but I've been staring at the code for
    > too long.

    Don't know if it looks that bad in Firefox, but you have a real issue
    with your 'Main Menu'. The transparent drop-down is nearly illegible and
    in IE is sheer frustration, Doesn't stay down in IE

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan N. Little, Sep 25, 2006
  4. Ian Rutgers

    "Ian Rutgers" <> wrote:

    > Please take a look at http://www.taoofpeace.com/test/index.php There are
    > two issues (at this moment) I could use help on:
    >
    > 1. The background color should stretch down as far as the content box on the
    > right ... yes it does I.E., but not in Firexfox.
    > 2. What is preventing the right border (in the left nav) from occupying the
    > full space (note the small space between the border and the background.
    >
    > I'm sure both of these are obvious, but I've been staring at the code for
    > too long.
    >
    > Thx
    >
    > Ian

    There is trouble in Safari with a "bite" out of the bottom left
    of the content box, the blue is seeping into it.

    There is a left out unit in

    div#testSheets p{
    line-height:2;
    }

    Fix this first at least.

    I have sent you a screenshot of Safari....

    If Safari does odd things, it can mean you have made a simple
    mistake. I have not looked into what is going on.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Sep 25, 2006
  5. Ian Rutgers

    Ian Rutgers Guest

    "dorayme" <> wrote in message
    > In article <SNFRg.23924$R63.2283@pd7urf1no>,
    > "Ian Rutgers" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Please take a look at http://www.taoofpeace.com/test/index.php There are
    >> two issues (at this moment) I could use help on:
    >>
    >> 1. The background color should stretch down as far as the content box on
    >> the
    >> right ... yes it does I.E., but not in Firexfox.
    >> 2. What is preventing the right border (in the left nav) from occupying
    >> the
    >> full space (note the small space between the border and the background.
    >>
    >> I'm sure both of these are obvious, but I've been staring at the code for
    >> too long.
    >>
    >> Thx
    >>
    >> Ian

    > There is trouble in Safari with a "bite" out of the bottom left
    > of the content box, the blue is seeping into it.
    >
    > There is a left out unit in
    >
    > div#testSheets p{
    > line-height:2;
    > }
    >
    > Fix this first at least.
    >
    > I have sent you a screenshot of Safari....
    >
    > If Safari does odd things, it can mean you have made a simple
    > mistake. I have not looked into what is going on.
    >
    > --
    > dorayme

    ....thank you, I'll take a look ... and will run css validator to fix any css
    errors

    Ian Rutgers, Sep 25, 2006
  6. Ian Rutgers

    Ian Rutgers Guest

    > Ian Rutgers wrote:
    >> Please take a look at http://www.taoofpeace.com/test/index.php There are
    >> two issues (at this moment) I could use help on:
    >>
    >> 1. The background color should stretch down as far as the content box on
    >> the right ... yes it does I.E., but not in Firexfox.
    >> 2. What is preventing the right border (in the left nav) from occupying
    >> the full space (note the small space between the border and the
    >> background.
    >>
    >> I'm sure both of these are obvious, but I've been staring at the code for
    >> too long.

    > Don't know if it looks that bad in Firefox, but you have a real issue with
    > your 'Main Menu'. The transparent drop-down is nearly illegible and in IE
    > is sheer frustration, Doesn't stay down in IE
    >
    > --
    > Take care,
    >
    > Jonathan
    > -------------------
    > LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    > http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    ....I will take another look at the drop down ... thx

    Ian Rutgers, Sep 25, 2006
  7. Ian Rutgers

    Toby Inkster Guest

    dorayme wrote:

    > There is a left out unit in
    >
    > div#testSheets p{
    > line-height:2;
    > }

    This is not an error. "line-height" is one of the few numeric values in
    CSS that *does not require a unit*.

    A unit *can* be specified, but when the unit is not specified, the
    property takes a special meaning -- it initially means the same as if it
    were specified in "ems" *except* that if any child elements have different
    font sizes, the line height will scale up and down with the font size.

    If you explicitly say "line-height: 2em" you get a different behaviour --
    the line height remains constant, even when child elements have a larger
    or smaller font.

    Line heights without units are usually the most useful.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby Inkster, Sep 25, 2006
  8. Ian Rutgers

    dorayme Guest

    In article <5n.co.uk>,
    Toby Inkster <> wrote:

    > dorayme wrote:
    >
    > > There is a left out unit in
    > >
    > > div#testSheets p{
    > > line-height:2;
    > > }

    > This is not an error. "line-height" is one of the few numeric values in
    > CSS that *does not require a unit*.
    >
    > A unit *can* be specified, but when the unit is not specified, the
    > property takes a special meaning -- it initially means the same as if it
    > were specified in "ems" *except* that if any child elements have different
    > font sizes, the line height will scale up and down with the font size.
    >
    > If you explicitly say "line-height: 2em" you get a different behaviour --
    > the line height remains constant, even when child elements have a larger
    > or smaller font.
    >
    > Line heights without units are usually the most useful.

    I have made this mistake twice now recently. Sorry. Embarrassing!
    I think I checked a validator and, without thought...

    Thank God you are here. I am not kidding!

    But let me try to recover some miserable low down squealing
    excuse that would be beneath contempt for a real human... where
    is this thread: ah yes... W3C "validator"

    Errors
    URI : http://www.taoofpeace.com/includes/content.css

    * Line: 231 Context : div#testSheets p

    Invalid number : line-height Parse Error - [empty string]

    I saw a 2 there and thought this is not empty so... I have
    probably even got this wrong too. This is all going bad. I need
    to do some of that TAO yoga stuff... I think I will enroll.

    (Re OP's site, it looks nice but I scarcely believe it needs such
    complicated positioning and so much CSS.)

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Sep 25, 2006