Fetching ruby src repository with cvsup

David Garamond

The collection 'cvs-*' (like cvs-src, cvs-www) seems to be fetching only
snapshot instead of the repository. Here's my cvsup config file:

*default base=/home/dave/cvs/ruby-cvsup
*default prefix=/home/dave/cvs/ruby
*default compress
*default delete use-rel-suffix
*default release=cvs
*default host=cvs.ruby-lang.org

#*default tag=.
*default date=2001.04.10.00.00.00

cvs-src
#cvs-www

And here's the output of cvsup when retrieving 'cvs-www':

$ cvsup -L2 ruby.cvsup
Parsing supfile "ruby.cvsup"
Connecting to cvs.ruby-lang.org
Connected to cvs.ruby-lang.org
Server software version: SNAP_16_1e
Negotiating file attribute support
Exchanging collection information
Establishing multiplexed-mode data connection
Running
Updating collection cvs-www/cvs
Checkout www/archive.rd
Checkout www/column.rd
Checkout www/compar.rd
Checkout www/doc.rd
Checkout www/download.rd
Checkout www/errata.rd
Checkout www/index-e.rd
Checkout www/index-j.rd
Checkout www/install.rd
Checkout www/links.rd
Checkout www/ml.rd
Checkout www/press.rd
Checkout www/search.rd
Checkout www/template-e.html
Checkout www/template-j.html
Checkout www/testimony.rd
Checkout www/whats.rd
Checkout www/whos.rd
Checkout www/wwwgen.rb
Shutting down connection to server
Finished successfully

Where did I go wrong?

David Garamond

Eric said:
^^^^^

Did you use date= or tag= when supping cvs-src?

I tried cvs-src both with tag only and with tag+date, they too seem to
only fetch snapshots (of HEAD, I believe). When using different dates
and running cvsup again, cvsup will add deltas to files to make them the
right snapshot.

The total size of the resulting cvs-src is:

$ du -sk ruby/*
2672 ruby/app
256 ruby/eruby
9132 ruby/lib
524 ruby/mod_ruby
1196 ruby/oniguruma
4784 ruby/pocketruby
2920 ruby/rough
736 ruby/rubicon
16776 ruby/ruby
4196 ruby/shim

That is about right for a snapshot right? (I'd expect bigger sizes for
the repository). So I haven't found a way to fetch the CVS files (like
Attic/, *,v, etc).