file and menu processes at C Helpp !!

DeLiLlaH

Hi friends,I have a homework that should be done in five days,but I
couldn't it.If you have time and help me,I will be grateful to you.

Firstly,I want you to form a menu.
.....MENU.....
1)Total
2)Average
3)Matrix Formation

There will be two variable,named A and B.For each one of these
variable, there will be 'n' item observation number and asked
observation assets.The numbers will be registered in C:// and they
will be read from here.Then,when the users press 1 , they will get the
total such as ;

Total for A=
Total for B= ...

After that, we will send all data to x,named matrix.The dimension of
the matrix will be n*2.When the user press 3 , matrix will be seen.

Lastly, we will record all the processes at C:// in a different name..

Keith Thompson

DeLiLlaH said:
Hi friends,I have a homework that should be done in five days,but I
couldn't it.If you have time and help me,I will be grateful to you.
[...]

Ok, I'll help you.

Do your own homework. I suggest you start now. If you're having
trouble, ask your instructor (or teaching assistant, if you have one)
for help.

If you want help from this newsgroup, give it a try yourself. If
you've written your own code and you're having specific problems with
it, we can probably give you some limited help.

We may be willing to do your homework for you, but (a) we'll need to
discuss consulting rates, which are quite unreasonably high, and (b)
we'll ask you for your instructor's e-mail address so we can submit
our solutions directly.

Flash Gordon

DeLiLlaH wrote, On 07/06/07 20:23:
Hi friends,I have a homework that should be done in five days,but I
couldn't it.If you have time and help me,I will be grateful to you.

<snip>

At least you are being honest about it. However, if you get a job on the
basis of passing a course through cheating it might be one of us who
later has to clear up the mess you make, so don't expect people here to
do your homework for you. At least, not without paying enough to make it
worth our while! I'll do it for 1000000UKP cash in advance, since then I
can retire and not worry about the consequences.

Walter Roberson

Keith Thompson said:
We may be willing to do your homework for you, but (a) we'll need to
discuss consulting rates, which are quite unreasonably high,

Oh, I don't know about that. *I* consider my homework consulting
rate of $US8417 per hour (3 hour minimum, paid in advance, excludes
expenses and travel) to be very reasonable considering the nature
of the work to be done.

osmium

DeLiLlaH said:
[...]

I have read the problem statement several times, and even so, I may not
understand it. As I see it you use a text editor of your choice to create
two data files, one consisting of observations of kind A and the other for
observations of kind B. The two files have an identical number of samples,
n. The program you write starts by reading the two files into a matrix, a
fancy word in, this case, for a two-dimensional array- and from then on you
operate on that matrix. For a student problem I would think the instructor
would accept this simplistic declaration for the matrix.

int x[100][2];

Making that declaration looks like the hardest part of the exercise, knowing
whether to use [100][2] or [2][100]. When you write the output file, you
only write the actual number of elements used, of course. If the instructor
doesn't like the above, there are alternatives, such as reading one of the
files, simply counting entries to see how many observations there are and
then using malloc().

If I understand it, the rest of the exercise is too easy for anyone to be of
any assistance, short of writing the code. That wouldn't help you, would
it? Note that the average of a group of integers, is not, in general, an
integer.

eric

My, my, my, Delilah,
Why, why, why, Delilah...

What is this "Helpp" you refer to? I assume all is OK with your homework.

eric.

osmium

DeLiLlaH said:
okk okk ..

Allright then,How can I order all columns in matrix one By one ??

I can not detect any meaning in that sentence. A 1x1 matrix would have only
one element. How can you establish an order with only one thing?

Army1987

osmium said:
I can not detect any meaning in that sentence. A 1x1 matrix would have
only one element. How can you establish an order with only one thing?

typedef double one_by_one_matrix[1][1]
void sort(one_by_one_matrix m) { return; }

BiGYaN

--
Keith Thompson (The_Other_Keith) (e-mail address removed) <http://www.ghoti.net/~kst>

I agree wholeheartedly.