file and menu processes at C Helpp !!

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by DeLiLlaH, Jun 7, 2007.

  1. DeLiLlaH

    DeLiLlaH Guest

    Hi friends,I have a homework that should be done in five days,but I
    couldn't it.If you have time and help me,I will be grateful to you.

    Firstly,I want you to form a menu.
    .....MENU.....
    1)Total
    2)Average
    3)Matrix Formation

    There will be two variable,named A and B.For each one of these
    variable, there will be 'n' item observation number and asked
    observation assets.The numbers will be registered in C:// and they
    will be read from here.Then,when the users press 1 , they will get the
    total such as ;

    Total for A=
    Total for B= ...

    After that, we will send all data to x,named matrix.The dimension of
    the matrix will be n*2.When the user press 3 , matrix will be seen.

    Lastly, we will record all the processes at C:// in a different name..

    DeLiLlaH, Jun 7, 2007

  2. DeLiLlaH <> writes:
    > Hi friends,I have a homework that should be done in five days,but I
    > couldn't it.If you have time and help me,I will be grateful to you.

    [...]

    Ok, I'll help you.

    Do your own homework. I suggest you start now. If you're having
    trouble, ask your instructor (or teaching assistant, if you have one)
    for help.

    If you want help from this newsgroup, give it a try yourself. If
    you've written your own code and you're having specific problems with
    it, we can probably give you some limited help.

    We may be willing to do your homework for you, but (a) we'll need to
    discuss consulting rates, which are quite unreasonably high, and (b)
    we'll ask you for your instructor's e-mail address so we can submit
    our solutions directly.

    Keith Thompson, Jun 7, 2007

  3. DeLiLlaH

    Flash Gordon Guest

    DeLiLlaH wrote, On 07/06/07 20:23:
    > Hi friends,I have a homework that should be done in five days,but I
    > couldn't it.If you have time and help me,I will be grateful to you.

    <snip>

    At least you are being honest about it. However, if you get a job on the
    basis of passing a course through cheating it might be one of us who
    later has to clear up the mess you make, so don't expect people here to
    do your homework for you. At least, not without paying enough to make it
    worth our while! I'll do it for 1000000UKP cash in advance, since then I
    can retire and not worry about the consequences.
    --
    Flash Gordon

    Flash Gordon, Jun 7, 2007
  4. In article <>,
    Keith Thompson <> wrote:

    >We may be willing to do your homework for you, but (a) we'll need to
    >discuss consulting rates, which are quite unreasonably high,

    Oh, I don't know about that. *I* consider my homework consulting
    rate of $US8417 per hour (3 hour minimum, paid in advance, excludes
    expenses and travel) to be very reasonable considering the nature
    of the work to be done.

    Walter Roberson, Jun 7, 2007
  5. DeLiLlaH

    osmium Guest

    "DeLiLlaH" wrote:

    > Hi friends,I have a homework that should be done in five days,but I
    > couldn't it.If you have time and help me,I will be grateful to you.
    >
    > Firstly,I want you to form a menu.
    > ....MENU.....
    > 1)Total
    > 2)Average
    > 3)Matrix Formation
    >
    > There will be two variable,named A and B.For each one of these
    > variable, there will be 'n' item observation number and asked
    > observation assets.The numbers will be registered in C:// and they
    > will be read from here.Then,when the users press 1 , they will get the
    > total such as ;
    >
    > Total for A=
    > Total for B= ...
    >
    > After that, we will send all data to x,named matrix.The dimension of
    > the matrix will be n*2.When the user press 3 , matrix will be seen.
    >
    > Lastly, we will record all the processes at C:// in a different name..

    I have read the problem statement several times, and even so, I may not
    understand it. As I see it you use a text editor of your choice to create
    two data files, one consisting of observations of kind A and the other for
    observations of kind B. The two files have an identical number of samples,
    n. The program you write starts by reading the two files into a matrix, a
    fancy word in, this case, for a two-dimensional array- and from then on you
    operate on that matrix. For a student problem I would think the instructor
    would accept this simplistic declaration for the matrix.

    int x[100][2];

    Making that declaration looks like the hardest part of the exercise, knowing
    whether to use [100][2] or [2][100]. When you write the output file, you
    only write the actual number of elements used, of course. If the instructor
    doesn't like the above, there are alternatives, such as reading one of the
    files, simply counting entries to see how many observations there are and
    then using malloc().

    If I understand it, the rest of the exercise is too easy for anyone to be of
    any assistance, short of writing the code. That wouldn't help you, would
    it? Note that the average of a group of integers, is not, in general, an
    integer.

    osmium, Jun 8, 2007
  6. DeLiLlaH

    eric Guest

    My, my, my, Delilah,
    Why, why, why, Delilah...

    What is this "Helpp" you refer to? I assume all is OK with your homework.

    eric.

    eric, Jun 8, 2007
  7. DeLiLlaH

    DeLiLlaH Guest

    Re: file and menu processes at C Helpp !!

    okk okk ..

    Allright then,How can I order all columns in matrix one By one ??

    DeLiLlaH, Jun 8, 2007
  8. DeLiLlaH

    osmium Guest

    "DeLiLlaH" writes:

    > okk okk ..
    >
    > Allright then,How can I order all columns in matrix one By one ??

    I can not detect any meaning in that sentence. A 1x1 matrix would have only
    one element. How can you establish an order with only one thing?

    osmium, Jun 8, 2007
  9. DeLiLlaH

    Army1987 Guest

    "osmium" <> ha scritto nel messaggio
    > "DeLiLlaH" writes:
    >
    >> okk okk ..
    >>
    >> Allright then,How can I order all columns in matrix one By one ??

    > I can not detect any meaning in that sentence. A 1x1 matrix would have
    > only one element. How can you establish an order with only one thing?

    typedef double one_by_one_matrix[1][1]
    void sort(one_by_one_matrix m) { return; }

    Army1987, Jun 9, 2007
  10. DeLiLlaH

    BiGYaN Guest

    On Jun 8, 1:22 am, Keith Thompson <> wrote:
    > DeLiLlaH <> writes:
    > > Hi friends,I have a homework that should be done in five days,but I
    > > couldn't it.If you have time and help me,I will be grateful to you.

    > [...]
    >
    > Ok, I'll help you.
    >
    > Do your own homework. I suggest you start now. If you're having
    > trouble, ask your instructor (or teaching assistant, if you have one)
    > for help.
    >
    > If you want help from this newsgroup, give it a try yourself. If
    > you've written your own code and you're having specific problems with
    > it, we can probably give you some limited help.
    >
    > We may be willing to do your homework for you, but (a) we'll need to
    > discuss consulting rates, which are quite unreasonably high, and (b)
    > we'll ask you for your instructor's e-mail address so we can submit
    > our solutions directly.

    I agree wholeheartedly.

    BiGYaN, Jun 10, 2007