    will be downloading. I don't want users to access the download files unless
    they have used the login page. Currently anyone who has the address is
    presented with the download dialog.
    Ldraw, May 24, 2005

  2. Ldraw

    ManniAT Guest

    Hi Ldraw,

    in IIS configuration you can choose who is handling your files.
    Just open the properties of your site and look at application configuration.

    There you will find the file asignments.
    And you will see, that (for an example) ASPX is assined to something like
    c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v2.0.50215\aspnet_isapi.dll
    Now use one of this .NET assignments choose Edit at ASPX and copy the path of the assigned path.
    Next ADD your file extension (your dowloads have - zip for an example) and assigne it to
    the path you copied before.

    This in fact means that from now on .NET will handle requests to this file and the security takes place.

    We do this normaly for HTM and HTML when we have a site with such files.

    HTH

    Manfred
    ManniAT, May 25, 2005