File System or HTTP - which one?

Ben Amada

In VS 2005, I noticed when creating a new website, there are two choices,
(a) File System or (b) HTTP. I see that choosing HTTP will use IIS while
File System uses the built-in web server. Besides this, what are the pros
and cons of each option? I plan on deploying the ASP.NET project to a web
server -- does it really matter which option I choose?

Any info, links or opinions are appreciated!
Thx/Ben

NIan

during development phase it doesn't matter what option you are picking.
IIS give you more sense of the "real" server feeling and if you already
have IIS services running then using File System requires addtional
over-thread to debug your application.

Ben Amada

NIan said:
during development phase it doesn't matter what option you are picking.
IIS give you more sense of the "real" server feeling and if you already
have IIS services running then using File System requires addtional
over-thread to debug your application.

Thanks NIan, you brought up a couple of helpful points.

Ben