File System web projects - ASP.NET 2.0

Mark

ASP.NET 2.0 installs web projects by default in the file system, leveraging
the increased security of the new personal web server, rather than relying
on hacker prone IIS. However, on the surface it seems that it would add
more headaches for testing to stop using IIS for development. If you don't
use IIS, you copy your files to a test web server or your own local IIS to
do testing, you will lack the benefits of testing withing the VS IDE with
debugging, as well as identifying IIS issues upfront. We work in an
environment where Microsoft's updates are automatically downloaded and
installed, keeping IIS ideally as up to date as Microsoft is able to make
it.

Aside from the obvious security benefit of not using IIS, are there other
advantages/disadvantages/work arounds that should be considered here?

Thanks in advance.

Mark