File::Tail experts?

jrpfinch

I would be very grateful if someone could let me know whether when
using File::Tail to monitor
log files that rotate, there is no chance of it missing lines off
when
the file rotates? In testing, it has never missed off lines when
files rotate, but the man page only seems to say the following:

If the file does not get altered for a while, File::Tail gets
suspicious and startschecking if the file was truncated, or moved and
recreated. If anything like that had happened, File::Tail will
quietly
reopen the file, and continue reading. The only way to affect what
happens on reopen is by setting the reset_tail parameter (see below).
The effect of this is that the scripts need not be aware when the
logfiles were rotated, they will just quietly work on.

It does not explicitly say that it is guaranteed to pick up all the
lines at the moment a file is rotated.

Many thanks

Jon