    it would show the url to the user. It has an email option but i
    cannot see if it does what i want it to do and i dont see anywhere on
    the site to find out.
    Mangler, May 21, 2008

  2. Mangler

    Tim Slattery Guest

    Mangler <> wrote:

    >Does anyone know of anything that will allow uploads to a server then
    >show the URL of the file so the user can send and email to someone so
    >it can be downloaded?

    Once the file is uploaded your ASP code has to decide what to do with
    it. In your case you want to store it someplace where the server can
    access it, then tell the user where you've put it. I doubt that
    anything exists will do this entire task for you. But you've found a
    function that handles uploaded files, so all you have to do it take
    the file it uploads and put it into a directory (I assume) where it
    will be accessible.

    --
    Tim Slattery
    MS MVP(Shell/User)

    http://members.cox.net/slatteryt
    Tim Slattery, May 21, 2008

  3. Mangler

    Evertjan. Guest

    Tim Slattery wrote on 21 mei 2008 in

    > Mangler <> wrote:
    >
    >>Does anyone know of anything that will allow uploads to a server then
    >>show the URL of the file so the user can send and email to someone so
    >>it can be downloaded?

    > Once the file is uploaded your ASP code has to decide what to do with
    > it. In your case you want to store it someplace where the server can
    > access it, then tell the user where you've put it. I doubt that
    > anything exists will do this entire task for you. But you've found a
    > function that handles uploaded files, so all you have to do it take
    > the file it uploads and put it into a directory (I assume) where it
    > will be accessible.

    Or make it downloadable as a stream.

    --
    Evertjan.