Fileupload an MDB?

jonefer

In the interest of creating a 'quick' "DTS-like" feature for our application
I've written code to read from an MS Access database and either import or
insert directly into SQL server 2000.

The problem is, where to put the MDB once the web page is in production? -
since the MDB will always be modified and need quick access to re-drop into
that location.

Since only 3 of us will be using the "DTS" like feature "Update Button" for
emergency updates to the application, it seems a lot of trouble to ask the IT
department make an arangement to create a network folder either shared or not.
and even more difficult to 'pass credentials' to a networked folder.

Wouldn't it be easier to use FileUpload and have our website refer to our
"local" folder just for the updates from the MS Access MDB?

If so, I haven't seen any way to do this - has any one done this or have any
suggestions?

Munna

[...]

Hi

Use of a local folder is very good idea and in this way you are
avoiding any network administrators job...

but make sure to apply appropriate security...

ASP_NET Machine account should have full permission on the local
folder for this action.

Best of luck

Munna
www.munna.shatkotha.com