Find Control

shapper

Hello,

I have a custom control, MyCustomControl, with a property named Childs
of type Generic.List(Of MyChildControl).

I added a MyCustomControl to my page and added a few MyChildControls
to MyCustomControl Child properties.

How can I later find a MyChildControl in Childs given its ID?

Do I need to implement any custom method in MyCustomControl?

Thanks,

Miguel

DMG

You'll need a recursive method to go through the child controls, as each of
these can also host children.

I nabbed the following methods for use in my own app a while back (don't
thank me for the code!) :

public static Control FindControl(string id, Control panel)
{
foreach (Control c in panel.Controls)
{
Control child = FindControlRecursive(c, id);
if (child != null)
{
return child;
return null;
}

private static Control FindControlRecursive(Control root, string
name)
{
if (root.Name == name)
{
return root;
}

foreach (Control c in root.Controls)
{
Control rc = FindControlRecursive(c, name);
if (rc != null)
{
return rc;
return null;