find linked files in project

Armin

Hi!

How do I find all files (php, html, gif, jpg, ...) NOT used, starting from
index.php, out of a project containing about 200 files without having to
read every line of every file looking for includes or links etc.?

Why isnt't there any information on the web? Isn't this a quite common
problem?

Thanks

Lauri Raittila

Armin wrote;
Hi!

How do I find all files (php, html, gif, jpg, ...) NOT used, starting from
index.php, out of a project containing about 200 files without having to
read every line of every file looking for includes or links etc.?

1. parse all urls from your site - there is tools for
this, wget for example (not 100% sure though).
Note:if there is files that aren't linked but used, this don't work,
parse logs instead
Note2: if all pages aren't linked to each other some route, same thing
Note3: if you have vary headers etc. most likely something will be
missed
2. get list of all your files
3. remove items in first list from latter list.
4. you have your list