Finding / Constructing a Tiny MIDI Player for Homegrown Applicatoin

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Omar, Sep 13, 2006.

  1. Omar

    Omar Guest

    Hi all,

    Me and some friends are constructing a simple piece of software
    designed to help musicians more competently. It will generate scales,
    chords, and harmonies. We are in the process of writing the code, and
    so far it is mostly based on HTML and javascript. (We'll probably add
    some flash graphics later).

    What we'd also like to do is give the user the ability to audition
    different scales and chords of their choosing. we're thinking some
    kind of midi implementation would be the ideal way to do this.
    Especially since there are libraris already in existence.

    Still, i am a n00b to programming. so...

    1) How would i go about implementing the midi standard in an
    apllication such that certain keypresses and mouseclicks could generate
    super simple midi events right on the spot?

    2) Is there a library in existence that can be imported into one's code
    (so that we don't have to reinvent the wheel)?

    3) any other advice on making this happen?

    thanks, peoples
    Omar, Sep 13, 2006