Finding Process Name using Window Handle

Anukul Singhal

Hi,

In my project, I have a requirement to work with any client application
which I need to kill (if an instance exists) before invoking a fresh
instance. Currently, I have hardcoded the name of the process to
terminate a client before opening it. What I am looking for is a way to
find the process name (using any Win32API or using a Window Handle). I
found out how to get a Window Handle for the client application that is
invoked, is that something I can use to get the process name, or any
other way? Please see the code I am using:

def killApp
wmi = WIN32OLE.connect("winmgmts://")
processes = wmi.ExecQuery("select * from win32_process")
for process in processes do
if process.Name.include? "AppName.exe" then
process.Terminate
end
end
end