    the server directory and is mapped on my machine as G drive. Thanks for any
    help in advance.
    Regards.

    Jack, Feb 8, 2005

  2. Jack

    Roland Hall Guest

    "Jack" wrote in message
    news:...

    : I need to create a new application in our test server. I am using VID for
    : that purpose. In order to set up the project in VID, it asks me 'which
    server
    : you want to use'. However, I do not have the name of the test server. Is
    : there any way to configure the name of the server here? I have full rights
    : the server directory and is mapped on my machine as G drive. Thanks for
    any
    : help in advance.
    : Regards.

    VID == Visual InterDev?

    If so, it's asking for the FQDN. I think you can also use the IP address.

    --
    Roland Hall
    or fitness for a particular purpose. */

    Roland Hall, Feb 8, 2005

  3. Jack

    Jack Guest

    Thanks for the help Roland. I am going to get either of the two to get going.
    Regards

    Jack, Feb 8, 2005
  4. Jack

    Phill. W Guest

    "Jack" <> wrote in message
    > I am using VID ... it asks me 'which server you want to use'.
    > However, I do not have the name of the test server ... mapped on
    > my machine as G drive.

    What operating system are you running.
    Certainly under Windows 200, Windows Explorer shows you the
    server name for any mapped drive:

    {icon} <ShareName> on <ServerName> (<DriveLetter>:)
    e.g.
    {icon} Dougal on MagicRoundabout (Q:)

    Better still, install your own, local web server and develop entirely on
    your own machine ...

    HTH,
    Phill W.

    Phill. W, Feb 9, 2005