Finding the webserver name

Jack

Hi,
I need to create a new application in our test server. I am using VID for
that purpose. In order to set up the project in VID, it asks me 'which server
you want to use'. However, I do not have the name of the test server. Is
there any way to configure the name of the server here? I have full rights to
the server directory and is mapped on my machine as G drive. Thanks for any
help in advance.
Regards.

Roland Hall

in message

: I need to create a new application in our test server. I am using VID for
: that purpose. In order to set up the project in VID, it asks me 'which
server
: you want to use'. However, I do not have the name of the test server. Is
: there any way to configure the name of the server here? I have full rights
: the server directory and is mapped on my machine as G drive. Thanks for
any
: help in advance.
: Regards.

VID == Visual InterDev?

If so, it's asking for the FQDN. I think you can also use the IP address.

--
Roland Hall
or fitness for a particular purpose. */

Jack

Thanks for the help Roland. I am going to get either of the two to get going.
Regards

Phill. W

Jack said:
I am using VID ... it asks me 'which server you want to use'.
However, I do not have the name of the test server ... mapped on
my machine as G drive.

What operating system are you running.
Certainly under Windows 200, Windows Explorer shows you the
server name for any mapped drive:

{icon} <ShareName> on <ServerName> (<DriveLetter>:)
e.g.
{icon} Dougal on MagicRoundabout (Q:)

Better still, install your own, local web server and develop entirely on
your own machine ...

HTH,
Phill W.