Firefox and XSLT

Geoff

Hello,

I am using Firefox 1.5.0.7 and when I display the following xml file, I get:

Alan
Turing
computer scientist
mathematician
cryptographer

Richard
Feynman
physicist
Playing the bongoes

The matching in the .xsl file does not seem to work. The matching should
change the first names to 'bob'. I tried it in IE6 (changed application/xsl
to text/xsl) and it worked fine. Any ideas why match does not work in
Firefox? The two files are:

~~~~~~~~~
people.xml
~~~~~~~~~
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="application/xsl" href="people.xsl"?>
<people>
<person born="1912" died="1954">
<name>
<first_name>Alan</first_name>
<last_name>Turing</last_name>
</name>
<profession>computer scientist</profession>
<profession>mathematician</profession>
<profession>cryptographer</profession>
</person>
<person born="1918" died="1988">
<name>
<first_name>Richard</first_name>
<middle_initial>P</middle_initial>
<last_name>Feynman</last_name>
</name>
<profession>physicist</profession>
<hobby>Playing the bongoes</hobby>
</person>
</people>

~~~~~~~~
people.xsl
~~~~~~~~
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
<xsl:template match="first_name">Bob</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

Martin Honnen

Geoff said:
I am using Firefox 1.5.0.7 and when I display the following xml file, I get:
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
<xsl:template match="first_name">Bob</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

That stylesheet has XML output but no root element so with Mozilla
adding e.g.

<xsl:template match="/">
<root>
<xsl:apply-templates/>
</root>
</xsl:template>

should help so that the result tree has a root element and can be
rendered. That root element will then have the text content

Bob
Turing

computer scientist
mathematician
cryptographer

Bob
Feynman

physicist
Playing the bongoes

which seems to be what you want.

Or put in
<xsl:eek:utput method="text"/>
and your stylesheet will work without any additional template.

As for the MIME types, see the FAQ
<http://www.mozilla.org/projects/xslt/faq.html>.