Firefox/mozilla focus different from IE

Vincent van Beveren

Hey everyone,

I have the following code:

<SPAN style="position:absolute;"
onFocus="this.innerHTML='focussed';"
onFocus="this.innerHTML='blurred';"
onMouseOver="this.focus();"
onMouseOut="this.blur();">Hello</SPAN>

By means of testing. So, if you think this seems to be bogus, you are
correct, its a simplified version of the real problem.

This script works perfetly in IE, but it doesn't at all in Firefox or
Mozilla. If I look through the Gecko reference it does say that the
focus method exists for any DOM element, but when I do a
alert(this.focus); on the onmouseover it gives an undefined.

The goal:
Create a layer that reacts like a popup-menu in windows, meaning that if
the element blurs it dissapears. The page it loads on has several
IFRAME's. Anyone have any ideas?

thanks,
Vincent