Fixed bar at top and bottom?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Rene Ruppert, May 31, 2005.

  1. Rene Ruppert

    Rene Ruppert Guest

    Hi,

    I want to have my site divided into three regions:
    - top, 100 pixel fixed at top of screen
    - middle, dynamic height
    - bottom, 100 pixel fixed at bottom of screen

    All three regions together should be 100% of the browser's viewport.
    If the content in the middle section gets longer than the available space
    the middle section should get expanded and a vertical scrollbar should
    appear.
    This has to work on IE5.0 or later, NS7 or later, Firefox 1 or later and
    Opera 7 or later-

    I tried something like this, but without real success; Opera doesn't resize
    when the window size changes and IE shows a vertical scrollbar as soon as a
    horizontal scrollbar is needed. Maybe there's a clean way to solve this?

    Thanks for any hints.

    René

    Rene Ruppert, May 31, 2005

  2. Rene Ruppert wrote:

    > All three regions together should be 100% of the browser's viewport.
    > If the content in the middle section gets longer than the available space
    > the middle section should get expanded and a vertical scrollbar should
    > appear.

    http://www.pmob.co.uk/temp/3colfixedtest_sourcenone.htm looks like it does
    what you want.

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is