Fixed bar at top and bottom?

Rene Ruppert

Hi,

I want to have my site divided into three regions:
- top, 100 pixel fixed at top of screen
- middle, dynamic height
- bottom, 100 pixel fixed at bottom of screen

All three regions together should be 100% of the browser's viewport.
If the content in the middle section gets longer than the available space
the middle section should get expanded and a vertical scrollbar should
appear.
This has to work on IE5.0 or later, NS7 or later, Firefox 1 or later and
Opera 7 or later-

I tried something like this, but without real success; Opera doesn't resize
when the window size changes and IE shows a vertical scrollbar as soon as a
horizontal scrollbar is needed. Maybe there's a clean way to solve this?

Thanks for any hints.

René