Flash is good, m'kay?

Pea-nutz

Man, I'm new to this ng but what the heck you guys got against Flash?
I design with flash all the time. It's a wonderful tool that can create
vivid experiences for visitors.
I think well designed html (etc...) can also do this but I don't go around
knocking the wind out of it because I don't think it's as keen as flash is.

And let's put the idea that flash is just for small banner-type portions of
'standard designed' html sites to rest right now. Flash is here to stay, get
used to it....m'kay?

Pea nutz

Eric B. Bednarz

Pea-nutz said:
Man, I'm new to this ng but what the heck you guys got against Flash?

I don't know what you ga^Huy've got against women, m'kay, entity, but
what's this Splash thingy all about? Micromedia doesn't even have a
plugin for me.
I design with flash all the time. It's a wonderful tool that can create
vivid experiences for visitors.
s/vid/cious

I think well designed html (etc...)

Not so fast, old sport. -v please, especially the etc part. :)
Flash is here to stay, get
used to it....m'kay?

Abusenet is here to stay considerably longer, m'kay, just callibrate
your luser experience to fit the environment.

Leif K-Brooks

Pea-nutz said:
Man, I'm new to this ng but what the heck you guys got against Flash?

Nothing. It's a great tool.
I design with flash all the time. It's a wonderful tool that can create
vivid experiences for visitors.

That is correct. It shouldn't be misused so that the site can't be used
without it, though.
I think well designed html (etc...) can also do this but I don't go around
knocking the wind out of it because I don't think it's as keen as flash is.

No, HTML can't do that. That's what CSS is for.
And let's put the idea that flash is just for small banner-type portions of
'standard designed' html sites to rest right now. Flash is here to stay, get
used to it....m'kay?

It can be used for more than banners, but alternative content should
also be provided.

Not in my trousers

Pea-nutz said:
Man, I'm new to this ng but what the heck you guys got against Flash?

The clue is in the name of the newsgroup.. !!

We don't talk about football, donuts, soft furnishings, seafood recipes or
off-roading for similar reasons...

Hywel Jenkins

Man, I'm new to this ng but what the heck you guys got against Flash?
I design with flash all the time. It's a wonderful tool that can create
vivid experiences for visitors.
I think well designed html (etc...) can also do this but I don't go around
knocking the wind out of it because I don't think it's as keen as flash is.

And let's put the idea that flash is just for small banner-type portions of
'standard designed' html sites to rest right now. Flash is here to stay, get
used to it....m'kay?

As soon as I saw "m'kay" in the subject I knew nothing useful was going
to follow.

webgeo99

Hywel Jenkins said:
As soon as I saw "m'kay" in the subject I knew nothing useful was going
to follow.

I have nothing against flash. I use it myself. That being said, this is an
HTML
forum not FLASH!

Kris

As soon as I saw "m'kay" in the subject I knew nothing useful was going
to follow.

I have nothing against flash. I use it myself. That being said, this is an
HTML
forum not FLASH![/QUOTE]

Not even a forum, but at least it is not about Flash, m'kay.

Hywel Jenkins

I have nothing against flash. I use it myself. That being said, this is an
HTML forum not FLASH!

Why are you telling me? Besides, it's long been said that in alt.html
pretty much anything web-development realted goes. If you want pure
HTML chat, try CIWAH.

Whitecrest

The clue is in the name of the newsgroup.. !!
We don't talk about football, donuts, soft furnishings, seafood recipes or
off-roading for similar reasons...

Unlike the other things in your list, HTML and Flash go hand in hand,
and is more than appropriate for this group.

rf

Whitecrest said:
Unlike the other things in your list, HTML and Flash go hand in hand,

Hmmm. I think you mean hand in glove.

One cannot use a golve to its intended purpose without having a hand, er, to
hand. One can however quite usefully use a hand without a glove being
present.

Cheers
Richard.