float and clear

Mitja

Does anybody know _the_ structural solution for this one:
http://www.oktaeder.com/?page=g_single&game=634&lang=1

If I make the description of the game disappear (which I definitely intend
to do) or if the description is very short, the "download" link aligns
itself vertically with the image (id="ss"). Because the image is floated
left, the containing div shrinks all the way up to the "download" link,
causing the screenshot to stick out of it.

I can't use clear:left on the link, because there another floated element
further left (the list of games) which mustn't be cleared by the link.

A simple tweak oughta exist, but I'm at a loss. Anybody who isn't?
Thanks,
Mitja

Lauri Raittila

In said:
Does anybody know _the_ structural solution for this one:
http://www.oktaeder.com/?page=g_single&game=634&lang=1

If I make the description of the game disappear (which I definitely intend
to do) or if the description is very short, the "download" link aligns
itself vertically with the image (id="ss"). Because the image is floated
left, the containing div shrinks all the way up to the "download" link,
causing the screenshot to stick out of it.

I can't use clear:left on the link, because there another floated element
further left (the list of games) which mustn't be cleared by the link.

A simple tweak oughta exist, but I'm at a loss. Anybody who isn't?
Thanks,
Mitja

Position menu on left absolutely.

Or use suitable min-height, not supported by IE.