floating box in CSS

Robert

I am trying to create a floating box right aligned in CSS. Text should
flow around the box (or to the left). The inspiration for the
technique came from http://www.quirksmode.org/. Check the link out for
an example of my objective.

My CSS code is not as elegant though. It creates the border and the
background color, but does not right align the floating box with text
wrapping around. The text size appears the same as the <p> tag; not
90% smaller. The float and clear CSS tag have me a bit confused as
well. Please let me know if you lead me in the right direction. My CSS
follows.

div.floater {
width: 35%;
margin: 8px 8px;
margin-left: 8px;
padding: 10px;
border: 1px solid #6699FF;
background-color: #BBD2FF;
font-size: 90%;
clear: right;
}

I would like to create columns (sort of like tables) in CSS. For
example, have a floating box with two columns and position it wherever
on the page (Right, Left, and Center). I am trying advance my CSS
knowledge & have the basics down; so please avoid retorts like use
tables.

Els

Robert said:
[...]

You're missing the most important bit: