flyout menu help needed

Discussion in 'HTML' started by adjusted, May 19, 2009.

  1. adjusted

    adjusted Guest

    hi everyone!
    I'm in a need of a little help-out here...

    I don't have page on the web with this flyout yet for showing an example but
    if needed i'll bring it up.

    Problem: it's showing allright in Opera and Firefox, but in IE6 it's not
    showing as it should so. ??? can't find the real problem...although there is
    some property which has an influence on it...

    here is the code:

    ..meni {
    Z-index: 1000;
    font-size: 15px;
    margin:10px 0 5px -3px;
    }

    ..meni ul {
    padding:0;
    margin:0;
    list-style-type:none;
    width:150px;
    position: relative;
    border:1px solid #fff;
    }

    ..meni li {
    background:#F0F8FF;
    height:25px;
    }

    /* style the links */
    ..meni a, .meni a:visited {
    font-family:verdana, arial, sans-serif;
    display:block;
    text-decoration:none;
    height:25px;
    line-height:25px;
    width:150px;
    text-indent:5px;
    border-bottom:1px solid #fff;
    background: #F0F8FF;
    }

    /* style the link hover */
    * html .meni a:hover {
    color:#fff;
    background:#F0F0F0 ;
    }

    ..meni a:hover {
    color:#fff;
    background:#F0F0F0;
    }

    /* hide the sub levels and give them a positon absolute so that they take up
    no room */
    ..meni ul ul {
    visibility: hidden;
    position: absolute;
    top: 55px;
    font-size: 90%;
    left:150px;
    }

    /* make the second level visible when hover on first level list OR link */
    ..meni ul li:hover ul,
    ..meni ul a:hover ul {
    visibility: visible;
    height: 235px;
    }

    <ul style="margin-top: 50px;">
    <li style="margin-top: 5px; font-weight: 600;"><a
    href="mapa_cetvrti.html">Zagreba├Ęki kvartovi</a></li>

    <ul>
    </ul>

    </li>

    adjusted, May 19, 2009

  2. adjusted

    adjusted Guest

    ++additional

    * html .menu li {margin-left:-16px; margin-lef\t:0;}
    /* get rid of the table */
    ..menu table {position:absolute; border-collapse:collapse; top:0; left:0;
    z-index:100; font-size:1em; width:0; height:0;}

    This part above is also included in original but it doesn't have sense for
    this flyout, also i don't understand where "table" goes as there is no table
    property in original copy.
    This page is working in tablelayout with TRs and TDs...so maybe the problem
    lies here somewhere....

    :)
    adjusted, May 19, 2009

  3. adjusted wrote:
    > hi everyone!
    > I'm in a need of a little help-out here...
    >
    > I don't have page on the web with this flyout yet for showing an example but
    > if needed i'll bring it up.
    >
    > Problem: it's showing allright in Opera and Firefox, but in IE6 it's not
    > showing as it should so. ??? can't find the real problem...although there is
    > some property which has an influence on it...

    Simple, IE6 *only* supports pseudo-element hover on A elements with an
    HREF attribute, i.e., a link. You have to use JavaScript to augment for
    IE support. Google "Son of Suckerfish"

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan