    i want to share objects between multiple clients and want to delete
    the object from shared pool when the last client deletes a refernce to
    it
    ash, Oct 24, 2003

  2. ash

    SenderX Guest

    > does anyone has any experience with flyweight pattern with refernce
    > counting

    I think this is OT but:

    Not the flyweight pattern gc'tor exactly.

    More of a differential or cyclic weighted pattern:

    http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=bXPkb.188619$%h1.178680@sccrnsc02&rnum=1

    atomic_ptr collector uses an atomic differential reference count.

    My collector collects multi-objects using a single proxy reference count.

    Those garbage collectors will give you an idea on how to write fast,
    race-condition free, atomic garbage collected objects without having to use
    separate threads, or any damn mark-and-sweep type crap.

    Enjoy!

    > i want to share objects between multiple clients and want to delete
    > the object from shared pool when the last client deletes a refernce to
    > it

    It depends on how you want to share you objects. You may not even need
    special reference counting. You might be able to use "normal" reference
    counting...

    --
    The designer of the experimental, SMP and HyperThread friendly, AppCore
    library.

    http://AppCore.home.comcast.net
    SenderX, Oct 24, 2003