flyweight reference counting

ash

hi

does anyone has any experience with flyweight pattern with refernce
counting

i want to share objects between multiple clients and want to delete
the object from shared pool when the last client deletes a refernce to
it

SenderX

does anyone has any experience with flyweight pattern with refernce

I think this is OT but:

Not the flyweight pattern gc'tor exactly.

More of a differential or cyclic weighted pattern:

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=bXPkb.188619$%h1.178680@sccrnsc02&rnum=1

atomic_ptr collector uses an atomic differential reference count.

My collector collects multi-objects using a single proxy reference count.

Those garbage collectors will give you an idea on how to write fast,
race-condition free, atomic garbage collected objects without having to use
separate threads, or any damn mark-and-sweep type crap.

Enjoy!

i want to share objects between multiple clients and want to delete
the object from shared pool when the last client deletes a refernce to
it

It depends on how you want to share you objects. You may not even need
special reference counting. You might be able to use "normal" reference
counting...