<Fo:Block> Overflow onto new page (Formatting Objects)

Discussion in 'XML' started by morrell, Oct 2, 2006.

  1. morrell

    morrell Guest

    I have a request to find out is there an easy way to solve this little
    poblem.

    ___________________
    | Block 1 |
    | |
    | |
    | |
    |__________________|
    | Block 2 |
    | |
    |__________________|

    Block 1 is a variable size.
    Block 2 is a constant size.

    How would I keep block 2 as a solid block with no overflow onto another
    page if Block 1 is too big for one page.

    eg.
    Page 1
    ___________________
    | Block 1 |
    | |
    | |
    | |
    |__________________|
    | Block 2 |
    |__________________|

    Page 2
    ____________________
    | Block 2 |
    |__________________|

    Where I want the whole of Block 2 together as a solid block so i'm
    looking for:-

    Page 1
    ___________________
    | Block 1 |
    | |
    | |
    | |
    |__________________|

    Page 2
    ____________________
    | Block 2 |
    | |
    |__________________|

    Any help would be great.

    Morrell
    morrell, Oct 2, 2006

  2. morrell wrote:
    > I have a request to find out is there an easy way to solve this little
    > poblem.
    >

    > ___________________
    > | Block 1 |
    > | |
    > | |
    > | |
    > |__________________|
    > | Block 2 |
    > | |
    > |__________________|
    >
    > Block 1 is a variable size.
    > Block 2 is a constant size.
    >
    > How would I keep block 2 as a solid block with no overflow onto another
    > page if Block 1 is too big for one page.
    >
    > eg.
    > Page 1
    > ___________________
    > | Block 1 |
    > | |
    > | |
    > | |
    > |__________________|
    > | Block 2 |
    > |__________________|
    >

    > Page 2
    > ____________________
    > | Block 2 |
    > |__________________|
    >
    > Where I want the whole of Block 2 together as a solid block so i'm
    > looking for:-
    >

    > Page 1
    > ___________________
    > | Block 1 |
    > | |
    > | |
    > | |
    > |__________________|
    >
    > Page 2
    > ____________________
    > | Block 2 |
    > | |
    > |__________________|
    >
    > Any help would be great.
    >
    > Morrell

    See http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/slice7.html#keep-together

    // Magnus
    Magnus Henriksson, Oct 3, 2006

  3. morrell

    morrell Guest

    Magnus Henriksson wrote:
    > morrell wrote:
    > > I have a request to find out is there an easy way to solve this little
    > > poblem.
    > >

    > > ___________________
    > > | Block 1 |
    > > | |
    > > | |
    > > | |
    > > |__________________|
    > > | Block 2 |
    > > | |
    > > |__________________|
    > >
    > > Block 1 is a variable size.
    > > Block 2 is a constant size.
    > >
    > > How would I keep block 2 as a solid block with no overflow onto another
    > > page if Block 1 is too big for one page.
    > >
    > > eg.
    > > Page 1
    > > ___________________
    > > | Block 1 |
    > > | |
    > > | |
    > > | |
    > > |__________________|
    > > | Block 2 |
    > > |__________________|
    > >

    > > Page 2
    > > ____________________
    > > | Block 2 |
    > > |__________________|
    > >
    > > Where I want the whole of Block 2 together as a solid block so i'm
    > > looking for:-
    > >

    > > Page 1
    > > ___________________
    > > | Block 1 |
    > > | |
    > > | |
    > > | |
    > > |__________________|
    > >
    > > Page 2
    > > ____________________
    > > | Block 2 |
    > > | |
    > > |__________________|
    > >
    > > Any help would be great.
    > >
    > > Morrell
    > >

    > See http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/slice7.html#keep-together
    >
    > // Magnus

    Thanks Magnus

    Found out the FOP processor we are using does not support keep-together
    in blocks. Unfortunate really but I have discovered it will work on a
    table-row.
    Not the best of ways round but it will do until support is provided in
    the engine we use.

    Thanks again

    Morrell
    morrell, Oct 3, 2006