FOAF autodetection

Benny

hi,
can anyone help me on the autodiscovery mechanism used with FOAF (similiar,
as i unserstand, to RSS)?

if i use the link-tag as specified, mozilla for example will turn it into a
visible menu in the link toolbar.
my idea was
- either to use a hidden link on the page somewhere
- or to re-name the "title"-attribute from "FOAF" to something more
comprehensible for grandma.

from what i know about harvesting links, i think it would be unlikely that
the first approach might work.
but the question is: is every single value in the line
<link rel="meta" type="application/rdf+xml" title="FOAF"
href="http://example.com/people/~you/foaf.rdf" />
on http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/ part of the specification? or are the values
"meta" for rel and "FOAF" for title only given as an example and could be
replaced be anything else, as long as the LINK points to something that
might be application/rdf+xml?

help would be appreciated - grandma doesn't like seeing meta > FOAF in her
mozilla-menu ;-)

thx,
ben