focus on jtextfield

Mark Lawrence

That is an unhelpful response. You aren't giving anything to help the
original poster improve their question. Moreover, it is rude and
dismissive, which doesn't belong in this forum.

The “how to ask question the smart way†essay is not a blunt instrument
for beating people over the head with, and it is brutish to use it that
way. Instead, please point out *how* the original poster's question can
be improved.

It is my opinion that the OP got exactly what they deserved, hence I
entirely disagree with your response.

rusi

It is my opinion that the OP got exactly what they deserved, hence I
entirely disagree with your response.

As a impartial response to what is 'deserved' it is fine.
However...
If we did not make these dicta as a norm
- return unkindness with less unkindness (said in strange terms of
cheeks and coats etc)
- Do unto others as you would have them etc

we would be back in the jungle.

In the context of mailing lists/fora hopefully one needs to
distinguish new post-ers/members from habitual idiots?

And if all this sounds over-Christian see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robustness_principle
Or more in line with python principles, the dilemma
http://chrismdp.github.com/2012/02/on-coding-defensively/

Mark Lawrence

So we have to agree to disagree.

EOD.

Bye, Andreas

Thinking about it your post was very unhelpful as I couldn't find
anything about JTextField at the url you posted as seen above. Fancy
wasting my time like that :)