focus/tab question

yabba

I am building an asp form with various elements...

Where the [x] is the order I want, so far so good and using the tab key
provides the desired results however...

When I *click* on one of the elements the tab order is not updated and so the
next tab key jumps to wherever tabbing left off.

Is there a way to use onfocus() or something to update the tab order so the
next tab will focus on the next element after the *clicked* element?

Thanx for any help

Aaron [SQL Server MVP]

This is an HTML issue, and would be happening whether you were using
ColdFusion, ASP, PHP, CGI, etc. etc.

You'll have better luck with client-side form/GUI questions in a client-side
newsgroup...

Evertjan.

yabba wrote on 25 jun 2004 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
I am building an asp form with various elements...

Where the [x] is the order I want, so far so good and using the tab
key provides the desired results however...

When I *click* on one of the elements the tab order is not updated and
so the next tab key jumps to wherever tabbing left off.

Is there a way to use onfocus() or something to update the tab order
so the next tab will focus on the next element after the *clicked*
element?

This is a clientside problem and has nothing to do with serverside ASP.

Please ask and follow up on a clientside NG.

==============

btw, you cannot tab [or give focus to] a <td>, only input fields.

yabba

yabba wrote on 25 jun 2004 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
I am building an asp form with various elements...

Where the [x] is the order I want, so far so good and using the tab
key provides the desired results however...

When I *click* on one of the elements the tab order is not updated and
so the next tab key jumps to wherever tabbing left off.

Is there a way to use onfocus() or something to update the tab order
so the next tab will focus on the next element after the *clicked*
element?

This is a clientside problem and has nothing to do with serverside ASP.

Please ask and follow up on a clientside NG.

==============

btw, you cannot tab [or give focus to] a <td>, only input fields.

actually you can... any form element

Dave Anderson

yabba said:
btw, you cannot tab [or give focus to] a <td>, only input fields.

actually you can... any form element

I was unaware that <TD> is a form element.

Oh -- and like Aaron says...
http://www.aspfaq.com/etiquette.asp?id=5001

--
Dave Anderson