    folder, it should ask for the password and if password is incorrect,
    the folder should not be accessable...
    -Shyju
    shyju_kambi, Sep 10, 2005

  2. "shyju_kambi" <> writes:
    > hi all,
    > please give me the logic to creat a folder lock in windows2000/Xp
    > using c program.
    > what i mean by folder lock is, if any one is trying to open that
    > folder, it should ask for the password and if password is incorrect,
    > the folder should not be accessable...
    > -Shyju

    We have no idea. There's no way to do what you're asking for in
    standard C. Try comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32.

    Keith Thompson, Sep 10, 2005

  3. shyju_kambi said:

    > hi all,
    > please give me the logic to creat a folder lock in windows2000/Xp
    > using c program.
    > what i mean by folder lock is, if any one is trying to open that
    > folder, it should ask for the password and if password is incorrect,
    > the folder should not be accessable...

    Well, you haven't said so, but I guess that by "folder" you mean some kind
    of file. There is no way for a portable, standard C program to forbid other
    programs access to a file (except by removing it completely), but it is
    perfectly possible to make an encrypted copy of the file in C and then
    delete (remove()) the original.

    --
    Richard Heathfield
    "Usenet is a strange place" - dmr 29/7/2005
    Richard Heathfield, Sep 10, 2005
  4. In article <>,
    shyju_kambi <> wrote:

    > hi all,
    > please give me the logic to creat a folder lock in windows2000/Xp
    > using c program.
    > what i mean by folder lock is, if any one is trying to open that
    > folder, it should ask for the password and if password is incorrect,
    > the folder should not be accessable...
    > -Shyju

    creat? oh, that's funny in a way you never intended my friend.
    if you had worked chmod in there somewhere i'd be spitting up
    my morning soda...
    Anonymous 7843, Sep 12, 2005