folder lock in c

shyju_kambi

hi all,
please give me the logic to creat a folder lock in windows2000/Xp
using c program.
what i mean by folder lock is, if any one is trying to open that
folder, it should ask for the password and if password is incorrect,
the folder should not be accessable...
-Shyju

Keith Thompson

shyju_kambi said:
hi all,
please give me the logic to creat a folder lock in windows2000/Xp
using c program.
what i mean by folder lock is, if any one is trying to open that
folder, it should ask for the password and if password is incorrect,
the folder should not be accessable...
-Shyju

We have no idea. There's no way to do what you're asking for in
standard C. Try comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32.

Richard Heathfield

shyju_kambi said:
hi all,
please give me the logic to creat a folder lock in windows2000/Xp
using c program.
what i mean by folder lock is, if any one is trying to open that
folder, it should ask for the password and if password is incorrect,
the folder should not be accessable...

Well, you haven't said so, but I guess that by "folder" you mean some kind
of file. There is no way for a portable, standard C program to forbid other
programs access to a file (except by removing it completely), but it is
perfectly possible to make an encrypted copy of the file in C and then
delete (remove()) the original.

Anonymous 7843

hi all,
please give me the logic to creat a folder lock in windows2000/Xp
using c program.
what i mean by folder lock is, if any one is trying to open that
folder, it should ask for the password and if password is incorrect,
the folder should not be accessable...
-Shyju

creat? oh, that's funny in a way you never intended my friend.
if you had worked chmod in there somewhere i'd be spitting up
my morning soda...