Fon-size Problem In Konqueror & Firefox 1.5

dorayme

Neredbojias said:
My index page displays smaller text in Opera even though I've set the
dafault text size to the same value as my other browsers (16px) and have no
(pertinent) text-size styling on the page. D(d)orayme is right (for a
change.) Post a url so others can compare their own experiences with your
problem-child.

A couple of things about this. Please do not give the impression
there are alternative spellings of my name. Second, after all
this time you are still giving px for font size? You no good,
low-down... fill in the rest...

rf

dorayme said:
Now now Richard... I didn't mean to hurt your feelings about your
Bigpond newsgroup access... <g>

<grin/>

Shortly I'll stick a rocket under their arse and make them fix it [1]. Only
started happenning a week or so ago. Not to worry, makes me *stop* posting
here a bit. You know, like, if nobody's going to read it then why post it?
:)

[1] Right after they manage to get the actual copper back on track. Seems
like every time it rains [2] my bandwidth starts leaking out all over the
place and clogging up the gutters.

[2] And you know how *that* is at the moment [3]. More rain than you can
poke a stick at. Three (3) Tennis matches have been washed out so far. Even
my coach says I'm getting rusty (the water, you know, in that rain).

[3] At least it's bloody snowing. Well, a little bit anyway. 53 sleeps to
Remember, mate, there is always Google!

Yeah, right.

Blinky the Shark

rf said:
[2] And you know how *that* is at the moment [3]. More rain than you can
poke a stick at.

You can poke a stick at any amount of rain, but the results just aren't
worth it -- much like with cat herding and with trying to nail Jell-O to
a tree. ;)

Neredbojias

Why don't you test me on this one. You might get a nice
surprise...

Women who surprise me usually deflate my, uh, ego. Besides, I know you're
not really pedantic. -Just confused.

Neredbojias

A couple of things about this. Please do not give the impression
there are alternative spellings of my name. Second, after all
this time you are still giving px for font size? You no good,
low-down... fill in the rest...

Once again you've misread the simplest of messages and screwed-up the
entire meaning of the post. I reset the default font size from a lower
value to 16 pixels _in my Opera browser_!! I believe the original default
was 13px which I thought might have related to the inter-browser
difference.

As for your handle, I wasn't trying to give the impression you suggest. I
was merely trying to display it in as standards-compliant a manner as
possible. Were you born this persnickety or did something in your life
permanently addle your composure? Ahh, I bet it was Luigi...

dorayme

"rf said:
At least it's bloody snowing. Well, a little bit anyway. 53 sleeps to
go. Maybe our mate Neredbojias can make it over <carefully sharpens a ski/>.
Got a spare room at the lodge.

<whisper> Boji knows nothing about skiing, if he comes over, you
could put him on a specially prepared ski that both feet get
locked onto, one behind the other, and set him on a nice little
60 degree "training" slope to see how he goes...</whisper>

Neredbojias

[3] At least it's bloody snowing. Well, a little bit anyway. 53 sleeps
to go. Maybe our mate Neredbojias can make it over <carefully sharpens
a ski/>. Got a spare room at the lodge.

Ya mean vacation? -In the right-side-up hemisphere? Btw, doesn't that
make you a little dizzy? -er. 'Guess not.

dorayme

Neredbojias said:
Once again you've misread the simplest of messages and screwed-up the
entire meaning of the post. I reset the default font size from a lower
value to 16 pixels _in my Opera browser_!!

OK, you are talking browser, I misread you. How's that for a fair
dinkum concession? There was a little run of letters on the rigin
of this Oz phrase in our local rag here a while back:
<http://www.smh.com.au/news/Big-Questions/What-are-the-origins-of-
the-phrase-fair-dinkum-and-how-did-it-come-to-mean-what-it-does/20
05/01/21/1106110931932.html>

Neredbojias

OK, you are talking browser, I misread you. How's that for a fair
dinkum concession?

Yeah, I guess I was being a little over-smartassy there. Anyone can
misread something. Sorry.

There was a little run of letters on the rigin
of this Oz phrase in our local rag here a while back:
<http://www.smh.com.au/news/Big-Questions/What-are-the-origins-of-
the-phrase-fair-dinkum-and-how-did-it-come-to-mean-what-it-does/20
05/01/21/1106110931932.html>

Got a "page not found" within the Sydney Morning Herald and pretty sure I
copied the url okay..?

Anyway, this is my first post on a new news server I'm trying out at hi-
speed. If it works, I can dump my dial-up (which is kinda sad because it's
been perfectly excellent for years.)

Neredbojias

Got a "page not found" within the Sydney Morning Herald and pretty
sure I copied the url okay..?

Nope, I screwed up. After posting the above, I realized I forgot to remove
the linefeeds which is what I intended to do in the first place. Got the
article okay now but when it mentioned work, it scared me off.
Anyway, this is my first post on a new news server I'm trying out at
hi- speed. If it works, I can dump my dial-up (which is kinda sad
because it's been perfectly excellent for years.)

Seems like it works. Now I'll be able to blather at a prodigious rate!