footer in format

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Alexander Jack, Aug 10, 2009.

  1. Dear all
    how to print the footer using format in perl

    use strict;
    use warnings;
    my ( $name, $x, $uid, $gid, $power, $boot, $path );
    format STDOUT=
    @>>>> @> @<<<< @##### @>>>> @<<<< @>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    $name, $x, $uid, $gid, $power, $boot, $path
    ..

    format STDOUT_TOP =
    Name passwd UID GID POWER BOOT PATH
    page :mad:<
    $%
    ..

    format STDOUT_BOTTOM =
    End of Page @<
    $%
    ..

    #$~ = "report";
    #$~=STDOUT_BOTTOM;
    #select(STDOUT);
    open FH , "/etc/passwd" ;
    while (( $name, $x, $uid, $gid, $power, $boot, $path )=split ":" ,
    <FH>){

    write ;
    }

    Alexander Jack, Aug 10, 2009