    How do I create a table or cell that lands at the very bottom of the page. I
    need it to "stick" to the bottom of the browser window when it is resized.
    Any help with the code? Thanks

    Big Wave, Sep 10, 2003

  2. Big Wave

    Kevin Hooke Guest

    This is one approach:

    - define the height attribute of the table to be 100% - the table will fill
    the browser page
    - split the height of the rows in the table to divide the 100% equally
    across your rows.

    This example has a top row with 90% height and a bottom row with 10%. You
    can resize the page and the table will resize to fill all the available
    space:

    For future reference:
    http://bbweblog.kevinhooke.com/BBWe...D=15&instanceID=1&categoryID=59&action=detail

    --
    Kevin Hooke

    MindBeans Software Consulting
    http://www.mindbeans.net

    Kevin Hooke, Sep 10, 2003

  3. "Kevin Hooke" <> wrote in message
    > This is one approach:
    >
    > - define the height attribute of the table to be 100% - the table will

    fill
    > the browser page
    > - split the height of the rows in the table to divide the 100% equally
    > across your rows.
    >
    > This example has a top row with 90% height and a bottom row with 10%. You
    > can resize the page and the table will resize to fill all the available
    > space:

    > For future reference:

    http://bbweblog.kevinhooke.com/BBWe...D=15&instanceID=1&categoryID=59&action=detail

    > --
    > Kevin Hooke

    Brilliant idea.
    Give someone invalid markup as an answer to their issue.

    --
    Karl Core

    Charles Sweeney says my sig is fine as it is.

    EightNineThree, Sep 11, 2003
  4. Big Wave

    andy johnson Guest

    On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 15:12:28 -0400, Big Wave <>
    wrote:

    >How do I create a table or cell that lands at the very bottom of the page. I
    >need it to "stick" to the bottom of the browser window when it is resized.
    >Any help with the code? Thanks

    you can go through http://www.realworldstyle.com/ plus try "div
    footer" in Google... That should give you enough ammunition to do it
    in CSS.

    -
    Andy

    "There would be a lot more civility in this world if people
    didn't take that as an invitation to walk all over you"
    - (Calvin and Hobbes)

    andy johnson, Sep 11, 2003
  5. Big Wave

    Nico Schuyt Guest

    Big Wave wrote:
    > How do I create a table or cell that lands at the very bottom of the
    > page. I need it to "stick" to the bottom of the browser window when
    > it is resized. Any help with the code?

    No need for tables or cells. Have a look at:
    http://www.nicoschuyt.nl/test/footer.htm
    Regards, Nico

    Nico Schuyt, Sep 11, 2003
  6. Big Wave

    Els Guest

    Nico Schuyt wrote:

    > Big Wave wrote:
    >
    >>How do I create a table or cell that lands at the very bottom of the
    >>page. I need it to "stick" to the bottom of the browser window when
    >>it is resized. Any help with the code?

    > No need for tables or cells. Have a look at:
    > http://www.nicoschuyt.nl/test/footer.htm
    > Regards, Nico

    Nico, you might want to give your footer div a px height, as
    now, when my window is smaller, the text in it flips off the
    screen ;-)

    --
    Els

    Mente humana é como pára-quedas; funciona melhor aberta.

    Els, Sep 11, 2003
  7. Big Wave

    Nico Schuyt Guest

    Els wrote:
    > Nico Schuyt wrote:
    >> Big Wave wrote:

    >>> How do I create a table or cell that lands at the very bottom of the
    >>> page. I need it to "stick" to the bottom of the browser window when
    >>> it is resized. Any help with the code?

    >> No need for tables or cells. Have a look at:
    >> http://www.nicoschuyt.nl/test/footer.htm
    >> Regards, Nico

    > Nico, you might want to give your footer div a px height, as
    > now, when my window is smaller, the text in it flips off the
    > screen ;-)

    OK. Thanks for the advice!
    Nico

    Nico Schuyt, Sep 11, 2003