fop 0.20.5: How to get a table and text in one line?

Axel Wild

Hello,

I'm using fop 0.20.5. for converting xml to pdf.
I try to get a table and some text in one line, without linebreak
between, but I can't manage this and I didn't find any example for
this case.

It shalls look like this in pdf:

this is text <TABLE> and here text again in the same line.

Maybe someone can show me an example as a part of the fo-file.

Thanks for response,
Axel

Alex McLintock

I'm using fop 0.20.5. for converting xml to pdf.
I try to get a table and some text in one line, without linebreak

I may be slightly out of date with regard to this version of FOP but I
think it is currently impossible.You need to see if the objects can be
placed "inline" or whether you can put them inside inline blocks.

It may be worth trying this with other XSL engines to see if it is a
limitation on FOP

Alex McLintock
http://www.OWAL.co.uk

Openweb Analysts Ltd - java, xml, perl, xsl, dev in London UK
Booking now for the next three months work.
http://www.OWAL.co.uk/
Remove nospamplease. from my email address to reply