FOP: input XSL with SVG image gets low resolution in output PDF

Discussion in 'XML' started by dentaku, Jul 14, 2003.

  1. dentaku

    dentaku Guest

    I use Apache FOP to create PDF files out of XSL + XML input files. The
    XSL file can contain SVG-images via

    ---
    <fo:block>
    <fo:instream-foreign-object>
    <svg:svg width="70mm" height="52.5mm"
    xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg">
    <svg:image width="70mm" height="52.5mm"
    xlink:href="{$chart_C_Test_S}"/>
    </svg:svg>
    </fo:instream-foreign-object>
    </fo:block>
    ---

    The SVG images display excellent when viewed with Batik. But in the
    result of the FOP PDF-Output, the images look like painted in very low
    resolution - especially curves and some lines look very "edged" with
    high aliasing.

    Is this a bug in the current FOP (or a used library by FOP) or is
    there a configuration setting to tell FOP to create high resolution
    images?

    dentaku, Jul 14, 2003

  2. dentaku

    AS Guest

    Re: input XSL with SVG image gets low resolution in output PDF

    just an idea:
    are you looking at the pdf doc in Adobe Reader at 100% zoom?
    if its zoom was set to >100% then svg might look low-res.

    AS, Jul 15, 2003