FOP rejects redirected file paths

oaksong

I'm trying to use a batch file to call FOP using redirection.
Apparently this is a no-no. Does anyone have a suggestion as to how I
can get FOP to run using files that are not located in the FOP
directory?

The file locations have such a long directory structure that the only
solution I have is redirection.
([...] indicates the rest of the directory structure)
C:\[....]\FOP>call fop -xml ..\Reports
\print-200702061400-1703-02-07.xml -xsl ..\myFO.xslt -foout ..\Reports
\print-200702061400-1703-02-07.fo

Mar 2, 2007 1:12:03 PM org.apache.fop.cli.Main startFOP
SEVERE: Exception
java.lang.NullPointerException
at
org.apache.fop.cli.InputHandler.transformTo(InputHandler.java:167)
at org.apache.fop.cli.InputHandler.renderTo(InputHandler.java:
114)
at org.apache.fop.cli.Main.startFOP(Main.java:159)
at org.apache.fop.cli.Main.main(Main.java:190)
I'm using a batch file to call fop with the first call creating
the .FO file and the second call creating the .PDF file.

This works fine when all the source files are located in the FOP
directory.

tia

Chris