For Loop Problem

Shapper

Hello,

I have this loop:

For Each row As DataRow In dsContent("pagename").Tables(0).Rows
Dim div As HtmlGenericControl =
CType(Page.FindControl(row("tag_name").ToString), HtmlGenericControl)
If row("content").ToString <> "" Then
div.InnerHtml = row("content").ToString
Else
div.InnerHtml = "&nbsp;"
End If
Next

dsContent("pagename") is a function which returns a dataset where @page
= "pagename"

The strange thing is when there are no records with "pagename" I get na
error in:
div.InnerHtml = row("content").ToString

But why is the For loop running if there are no records.

This is very strange.

Any idea?

Thanks,
Miguel

Trevor Benedict R

This Code works

System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load

For Each myRow As DataRow In DSKey.Tables(0).Rows
Response.Write(myRow("TT"))
Next
End Sub

Private Function DSKey() As DataSet
Dim dsLocalKey As New DataSet
Dim dtTmp As New DataTable
dsLocalKey.Tables.Add(dtTmp)
Return dsLocalKey
End Function

This means that you are returning atleast 1 row through the function call
but something that does not have the corresponding column name. Have you
tried to debug the code and also checked the Rows.Count property.

Regards,

Trevor Benedict R
MCSD