Forcing a reload?

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Rob Meade, Jul 6, 2006.

  1. Rob Meade

    Rob Meade Guest

    Hi all,

    I've got a little shopping cart app which when you use all of the links on
    the pages, and buttons etc, things are good, the "shopping basket" on the
    left navigation updates and shows a sum of items and cost.

    However, if you arrive at the home page for example, proceed to the products
    page, add an item and then click "back", you get a cached page.

    I appreciate there are some lines of code I can use, both ASP and html to
    prevent the cachine, but what I dont want to incur instead is that error IE
    (and other browsers too I guess - how very Microsoft of me :eek:) ) - shows
    when the page has expired, I think that would probably be worse than the
    cart not showing any items (or not showing the update) until a link was
    pressed...

    Anyone got any ideas?

    Regards

    Rob