Forcining An ASP page to expire

Sam

HI - I have the following asp page and no matter what I try every time
I exit this page and click the back button the page remains in cache.

Any suggestions?

thanks

<%
Response.AddHeader "pragma","no-cache"
Response.AddHeader "cache-control","private"
Response.Buffer = True
Response.ExpiresAbsolute = Now() - 1
Response.Expires = 0
Response.CacheControl = "no-cache"

Response.write("<form action='communicator.asp' method='post'
name='login'>")
Response.write(" <input type='hidden' value='1'
name='uidCallingWebPage' />")
Response.write("<table border=0>")

Response.write("<tr>")
Response.write("<td>Login:</td>")
Response.write("<td><input type='text' name='id' size='20'
autocomplete='Off' ></td>")
Response.write("</tr>")
Response.write("<tr>")
Response.write( said:
Response.write("</tr>")
Response.write("<tr>")
Response.write( said:

Response.write("</form>")

%>

Dave Anderson

Sam said:
I have the following asp page and no matter what I try every
time I exit this page and click the back button the page remains
in cache.

Cache and History are two different things. The browser is not required to
send a [new request] when the user traverses the history list, and
cache-control applies only to [new requests].

As undesirable as it may seem to you, this behavior is by design.